Connect with us

Ebuzz News

Fay Ann Wishes Her Soca Monarch ‘Replacement’ Well. Randy Glasgow Cries Foul.

Published

on

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Approx. 2 min read

Organizers of the International Soca Monarch competition are yet to release an official statement on the matter of who will take over Fay Ann Lyons Alvarez’s post, following news that she has officially bowed out of her last year’s position.

The former Road March, Power and Groovy Soca Monarch King has received tremendous kudos for her input in the competition last year, this as fans and even critics took to social media overnight, and throughout the day today, to relay their disdain over the news. Many agree that Lyons-Alvarez had done a great job at revamping and reinvigorating the Soca Monarch competition. Today, Lyons Alvarez confirmed her position, noting that time constraints had essentially led to the move.

President of the Promoters Association of Trinidad and a Tobago, Randy Glasgow.



Prominent event Promoter Randy Glasgow and his team at Randy Glasgow Productions are confident that before long, good sense will prevail and Lyons Alvarez will be reinstated by the Caribbean Prestige Foundation. “We want to lend support to Fay Ann in this situation. We are asking the Soca Monarch committee to please do their best to retain Fay Ann and her team to produce the 2020 Soca Monarch competition,” he said.

Glasgow, in an interview with Ebuzztt this afternoon, said Fay Ann was able to gather the national community and encouraged them to buy back into the Soca Monarch concept last year, adding that she single handedly showed the business community how the event should be run.

Glasgow who will produce Soka With Her in Carnival 2020, highlighted that Fay Ann and her husband, Bunji Garlin are a duo who loves their job, saying this is evident when they travel. “We’ve all seen it. They promoted the Soca Monarch even outside of T&T last year. They talked to the artistes and promoted the event,” he said.

Randy ended by saying in Trinidad and Tobago’s Carnival landscape there is always some ‘bacchanal’, adding that he believes sooner or later, good sense will prevail.


Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad

Ebuzz News

Kobe Bryant’s Daughter Takes Her First Step, 4 Months After Dad’s Death.

Published

on

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Approx. < 1 min read

Kobe Bryant’s 11 month old baby girl, Capri took her first steps this past weekend and the world got a glance. Vanessa Bryant posted a short video of the moment, excitedly telling her baby girl how proud she is of her.

“”I’m so proud of you!” Vanessa exclaims in the video which was shared on Instagram. “I knew you were gonna do it!” she added.

The former Los Angeles Lakers star’s life was cut short in January when a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California led to his death and the lives of his 13-year-old daughter Gianna and seven other people.

In addition to Capri, the couple had three older daughters- Natalia, Bianka and Gianna.

LOOK AT CAPRI TAKE HER FIRST STEPS.

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Continue Reading

Caribbean Buzz

Shaggy Pushes for Beenie Man, Bounty Killa to Be Granted US Visas.

Published

on

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Approx. 2 min read

US based, internationally acclaimed reggae artist, Shaggy has called on the US Embassy in Jamaica, the US Ambassador to the country and the country’s Prime Minister, Andrew Holness, to do what is necessary to aid in ensuring that both Bounty Killa and Beenie Man are able to acquire US Visas. His call comes on the heels of their VERZUZ virtual clash on Saturday where close to 500,000 persons logged on to view the veterans battle musically.

Beenie Man and Bounty Killa both had their US VISAS revoked in 2010. At that time, Mavado and Aidonia were also among the dancehall artistes who’s US Visas were taken away by the US Embassy. In 2011, Mavado was once again able to travel to the US and then, five years later, Aidonia was allowed re-entry. To date, both Beenie Man and Bounty Killa remain without US travel access.

In his social media post, both meant to celebrate Jamaica’s cultural performance by these two veteran artistes, and dispute the state of their travel affairs, Grammy award winner, Shaggy said, “Fans world wide were greeted with a cultural experience of epic proportions as best as it could be delivered in these covid times. This was a boost to our spirits, our tourism, our economy, our music, and most importantly brand jamaica 🇯🇲 .. BUT LETS NOT FORGET!!!…,.that both of these artist, these two legends, these two ambassadors of our country our music, and our culture, STILL CANNOT TRAVEL!! It’s about time we rally and push the powers at be to free up these artist allow them traveling visas, work permits so they can travel freely to promote our culture and represent our brand, I’m calling on the Jamaican government, the U.S. Ambassador and the United States Embassy @usembassyja to atleast start having dialogue where this is concerned, I’m calling on the Hon. Olivier Babsy Grange @hon.olivigrange and the prime minister the Hon. Andrew Holness @andrewholnessjm to get involve, the culture needs it, the music needs it, the economy needs it, the country needs it the fans need it. Salute DANCE HALL🇯🇲!!

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Continue Reading

Trending

error: This content is protected. if you wish to use this content in anyway please contact us!!