Ain’t it strange how two people could be so madly in love with each other in one year and in a matter of months, they’ve completely switched, turned off – matter of fact, that love has died and there’s no hope of salvaging it? Such is the state of Cardi B and Offset’s relationship, according to the Bronx born rapper.
Cardi B, whose real name is Belcalis Almanzar, took to Instagram overnight, where she let out her secret, revealing that she and her hubby of just one year, have been enduring problems in their relationship that could not be worked out. She admitted they had tried. The famous rap couple welcomed their daughter, Kulture, in July this year.
The news has set off a firestorm of comments across social media platforms, many arguing that the couple had rushed into marriage. They secretly wed last year. What this situation draws into focus however, is the fact that marriage and love just isn’t what it used to be.
5 Ways Love Has Changed Over the Years:
1. Women are less pursued. In the olden days, men with interest would pursue the woman they had their eyes set on. Today, women, being the outspoken and independent creatures they are, are pursuing men even before the men have a chance.
2. Chivalry is dead. Yes it’s cliche, but it’s true. When was the last time a man opened a door for you, lady? Because women have been settling in a sense, for whatever is handed down to them, there’s no denying that men no longer feel they need to work as hard to woo the opposite sex. With the common sentiment that there is now a deficit in men to fulfill the needs of the billions of women world over, men are getting through with their pursuits, faster than the wink of an eye. Are we wrong?
3. Couples have less time together than they once did. The fact that both men and women are now in the workforce, leaves very little time to truly communicate and understand each other. Relationships today are in most cases, built on physical and material attraction, than emotional. Many people often make the decision to enter common law relationships or get married, without truly understanding the people they’re committing to.
4. Social Media, in recent time, has made intimacy and sexual relations tremendously transparent and crass. While many would agree that today’s world functions more openly than it once did, because of social media, most fail to discuss the effect that this open book method of living, has had on marriages and relationships. Today, everyone knows what everyone is doing, all the time. Privacy is a thing of the past. True love, while beautiful to share and boast about, is difficult to contain and keep alive, with the world viewing and commenting on. Truth is, Cardi B and Offset lived their short relationship in full public view- near naked and all. Did it work out for them?
5. Women have become overly independent. If a man is told, “I don’t need you. I can do sh*t all by myself,” and worse yet if he sees, you can do it by yourself ladies, chances are, he’ll hold his corner and allow you to do it all by yourself. This leaves room for many consequences in a relationship. The over-independence of many women in today’s society has had a ripple effect on relationships and the way men show love. Once upon a time, men wooed women with expensive jewelry and weekend trips. In today’s world, the Independent woman purchases her own damn jewelry and gets on her private jet to wherever in the world she chooses to go. How’s that working out? Truth is, men need to feel needed. If they aren’t needed, where’s the true love going to come from?
Buju Celebrates First Birthday Post Release in A Major Way. VIDEO INSIDE.
Mark Myrie, the Jamaican reggae and dancehall giant the world knows best as Buju Banton, has been enjoying his freedom. He was released from US prison, having served a 9-year sentence, in December 2018 and since that time, the artiste’s spirit has been nothing short of triumphant.
On Monday night at the AC Hotel by the Marriott in New Kingston, Jamaica, the artiste celebrated his 45th birthday. He made a grand entry, showing gratitude with hearty smiles at the event which would mark his first official birthday celebration post release. Like fine wine, Buju assented to his 45th birth milestone and even with his simple and humble ways, fans of the artiste could tell that the best was yet to come.
The all white affair saw a number of well known Jamaican friends of the artiste in attendance, among them Sean Paul, Jamaica Deejay and personality Jabba and Romain Virgo. Buju’s Long Walk to Freedom Tour has seen him take stages around the Caribbean including Trinidad and a Tobago and Guyana shows hosted by High a Frequency Entertainment. Most recently, Buju crossed international waters, taking the stage in Amsterdam. His presence on stage, each time, has been nothing short of momentous, and some may say, near spiritual. At his Birthday “get together” on Monday, prior to engaging in chit chat with his friends and family, Buju prayed. It would be a symbol of his gratitude and love to the Most high God for all that he has gotten him through.
Nadie Hits Em With ‘Fatt.’ Now, They Can’t Stop Lookin’.
She’s a thicky and she ain’t afraid to show it off. Nadia Batson’s made no qualms of her heavy set physical attributes, these days showing off what she’s got like nobody’s business, making it abundantly clear that she’s comfortable in her skin. The gorgeous Caribbean vocalist recently unleashed a spankin’ new single that’s got everyone talking and believe it or not, the track’s title is ‘FATT.’
Batson’s been touring the world in the aftermath of the success of her 2019 hit single, ‘So Long’. In recent weeks, the SASS band leader made her presence felt in places like Dominica, St. Kitts, Petite Martinique, St. Vincent, New York, St. Lucia and Toronto. She’s even won an award for her contribution to the culture and music of Trinidad and Tobago from Montreal, Canada.
Batson’s physique has proven engrossing to patrons over the past few years, the artiste never shying away from showing skin when she hits the stage. Her latest track, ‘FATT’, on the Caution Riddim, produced by International Stephen and Vibez Productionz is seemingly a ode to the thick girls. She’s been getting that much required nod of approval from the radio personalities in T&T, making it very possible that this single will find its way sailing sweetly into T&T’s carnival 2019.