Connect with us

Caribbean Buzz

Buju Banton’s Management Speaks Out On Video Shown by ABC News

Published

on

On May 27 2018, ABC News published previously sealed video evidence from Buju Banton’s 2010 trial on drug-related charges. The excerpt of old surveillance footage was leaked on the internet just as Buju prepares to return home after nearly a decade behind bars.

A statement issued by Destine Media – the Public Relations outfit that is working with Buju, said  the timing of the ABC report raises many important questions. “What purpose does this report serve? Why unseal this dated footage now, when Myrie is preparing to resume his life and career? And finally, why did a American news network that has previously shown little interest in Buju Banton’s life and career choose to run a lengthy article that omits crucial and readily available information about the case against Mark Myrie?,” it questions.
Attorney David Oscar Markus, who represented Myrie as he defended himself said, “Mark is a warrior. He fought two trials and numerous appeals against a system that included a corrupt juror. He could’ve taken a deal after the first hung trial that would’ve sent him home, but Mark’s philosophy was: better to fight on your feet than live on your knees.”
The Public relations outfit expressed thanks on behalf of Buju Banton’s management team, highlighting that many have since offered support for the incarcerated dancehall and reggae artist. “The facts of the case are a matter of public record and we trust that responsible journalists will make sure that the full story is told. Buju has learned from the past and made peace with the court’s decision. For now his focus is on the future: returning to his family, recording music for his fans and making a positive contribution to society. For everyone who is unable to offer any words of support we ask that you please allow the artist to continue his journey of redemption in peace and harmony as he works to rebuild his life and career,” said Destine Media.

Caribbean Buzz

T&T’s Only Got Love for Jamaica. Just Watch How The Sokah Origins Crowd Reacted to Shenseea!

Published

on

Paid Advertisement.

What a weekend it was for fans of caribbean hotties, Shenseea and T&T’s Nailah Blackman. Both entertainers performed, alongside a number of other awesome Caribbean acts this past Saturday at Nailah’s Sokah Origins event held in South Trinidad. The young artiste who celebrated her birthday in late November, brought a star studded cast to her event, key among them, Jamaica’s reigning ‘hot gyal’, Shenseea.

The duo who collaborated on a track called, ‘Baddish’ in 2018, gave it a go again, heading into Carnival 2019. They hit the stage at Sokah Origins, delivering, “We Ready” just after performing ‘Baddish’. The revved up crowd was definitely a sight to see as they seemed to just want to reach out and touch the Jamaican entertainer. Phones on record, the crowd sang along to the artiste’s music, giving her the ammunition she needed to perfect her show.

Patrice Roberts and Sekon Sta were guests performers at the Sokah Origin event.

Separately, Nailah Blackman’s been killing the soca circuit across the Caribbean, even touring internationally for the past year, reaching as far as Europe with the Soca on The Seas team earlier this year. Her most recent stop was Australia. Meanwhile, Shenseea maintains strong appeal, consistently delivering some of the hottest dancehall tracks, which come complete with her down to earth personality and appealing sensuality.

The Sokah Origins event, Nailah’s second consecutive birthday event, drew a pretty good crowd of patrons who’d come out to see Blackman perform with her band, aptly named, ‘Sokah The Band’. Other  artists to hit the stage included a very sexy, Patrice Roberts, Nadia Batson, Preedy, Kees, Problem Child out of St. Vincent, Jamaica’s Dovey Magnum, Erphaan Alves, Ricardo Drue, 5 Star Akil, Sekon Sta, Lyrikal among others.

CHECK OUT NAILAH AND SHENSEEA ON STAGE : 

Video credit: Rankin Productions. 

Continue Reading

Caribbean Buzz

Buju Banton Asks Fans For Time To Reunite With His Loved Ones.

Published

on

Prev1 of 2
Mark Myrie- Buju Banton is now a free man. He arrived in Jamaica last night to much fan fare and since that time, social media has  been abuzz.

Buju stands in the Immigration area at the Norman Manley Int’l Airport, flanked by an employee and fan.

Representing Public Relations team, Destine Media, in a press statement issued, said Buju’s first desire post release was a clean glass of water to flow through his system.

Admittedly, Buju’s journey to freedom has been a long and traumatic one. “Not only traumatizing for Buju himself, but also for his family as well, who was stripped of a father, provider and friend. But with the love and support of family, friends, and fans, he pushed through day by day,” said the media release. “He would rise at 7am and start his day with a prayer, followed by an apple, orange or ripe banana,” it went on to state.

According to the media statement, during his incarceration, Myrie stripped himself of the moniker “Buju Banton” and immersed himself into the reality that he was confronted with, by living in the now and not looking at the past. He also occupied himself with reading, meditation, and led study groups among his fellow inmates.

Destine Media explained that plans are afoot to celebrate Buju’s life and contribution to music with the Long Walk to Freedom Tour, explaining however that dates are still being finalized. It added that the first show will take place in Jamaica in Spring of 2019.

“Buju Banton‘s music makes bad people wanna do good. I really wish that he was out here. We’re missing one of our messengers, ya know? This is me speaking from the heart. We need people like him out here.”

– BERES HAMMOND 

Prev1 of 2

Continue Reading

Trending