Connect with us

Ebuzz News

Shal Marshall Comes Under Attack. Authorities Take Aim.

Published

on

Shal Marshall may be having a pretty good season but his name and reputation may be at stake if he doesn’t take the Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago seriously. He’s agreed in essence to abstain from the promotion of a song done collaboratively with St. Lucia’s, Motto and St. Vincent and the Grenadine’s Hypa 4000 – a track called, “Take Jam.” The song boasts lyrics that are derogatory without much of a verbal expression of it.

“Take jam in yuh mudder hmm … bend over gyal … bend over in your favourite position gyul.” – TAKE JAM

Marshall’s single, “Splinters” along with his other carnival 2018 release, “Legend” have been keeping him on top in the past few weeks and it’s highly likely that he will be at every fete this Carnival season. This however did not stop CEO of the Telecommunications Authority, Dr John Prince, from penning a letter to the president of the TT Publishers and Broadcasters Association (TTPBA), Daren Lee Sing, about his concerns regarding “Take Jam”.

TATT feels the statements uttered in Marshall and Motto’s song could prove inappropriate and degrading to women in particular. The body is now calling on the TTPBA to continue to exercise socially responsible behaviour in the selection of content broadcast across the nation’s airwaves. It adds that during the Carnival season, on air programming content tends to be of a highly sexual and salacious nature; particularly during periods when children are likely to be listening or watching.

Marshall, when contacted by the Trinidad Newsday Newspaper, said he had no problem with abandoning the track for the season, based on the concerns raised.

“If that is their view, we can respect what they are saying and not promote it any more, especially in T&T. As for me, I don’t mind not playing it and respecting their views. That is no problem for me.” 

 

 

 

 

Ebuzz News

Machel Montano Emerges to Find T&T Drenched Following Weekend Floods.

Published

on

Flood waters have devastated many across East and Central, Trinidad. Photo Credit: Rishi Ragoonath. 

One of Trinidad and Tobago’s most idolized soca artistes had been off radar for the past four days. Machel Montano has since re-emerged, having switched on his mobile phone and reconnected with the world. He says he had been on a four day retreat and had no access to his phone or any outside media. What he found upon reconnecting with social media was that his homeland of Trinidad and Tobago had suffered massive flooding and devastation.

Like many other entertainers, the Road March title holder immediately extended a message of hope to those who’ve been affected.

“This morning I was overwhelmed by the amount of messages of concern, prayer and well wishing. I was saddened to learn of the devastating floods that hit home in Trinidad and Tobago and my heart goes out to all those who are affected.”

The Siparia native who now resides in Los Angeles, explained that Trinidad and Tobago is a nation of great resilience and further saluted those who’ve helped during and in the aftermath of of the flooding. “Thank you for all the prayers and to all those who will continue to support the relief efforts,” he said on Instagram.

 

 

Continue Reading

Ebuzz News

Olatunji Wins For Soca. Former Road March Champ, Shurwayne Winchester Proud of His Fellow Artist.

Published

on

Olatunji Yearwood’s herculean effort to expose the Soca music genre to the European market and by extension, the world, is being praised by his cohorts in the Caribbean music industry. Shurwayne Winchester, who himself, has worked hard to take the genre to music lovers around the world, on Sunday said he is extremely proud of the former Groovy Soca Monarch champ.

Shurwayne Winchester is proud of Olatunji.

Beneath an EBUZZTT post, Shurwayne said, “I am proud of this man. He won more than he can imagine.” Winchester went on to point out that history will one day show that when Soca is called, it was showcased to the world by this young, impressive artist.

On Saturday night, Ola took the stage on the X Factor UK where he performed a new single written merely a few days before the performance. The single, “Jiggle” was well received by the UK audience, but unfortunately he did not receive enough votes that would secure him a space into the next round of competition.

Destra congratulated the young artiste, saying his parents would be very proud.

Destra Garcia, a phenomenal culture ambassador herself, also took the time on Sunday to give respect to Olatunji for his effort on the television show.

“Proud of you Ola. You flew the flag so high for soca and for your county, Trinidad and Tobago on behalf of all of us.

 

Destra went on to say, “Your parents would have been the proudest. You did well Tunji… you did well. This was just not your time. But now the world knows who Olatunji ‘Tadow’ Yearwood is. Love always my brother and friend.”

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending