Connect with us

Ebuzz News

Machel's M Store To Be Launched 'Officially' Later This Month

Published

on

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad

Ok, by now you’ve heard that Machel Montano and his team of hard working troops have put yet another plan to boost his empire, into motion. Yes, Double M has embarked on yet another entrepreneurial thrust, opening a full fledged M Store at the Piarco International Airport in Trinidad.

The M Store at The Piarco Intl Airport will Launch on June 17.

The M Store at The Piarco Intl Airport will Launch on June 17.

ETCETERABUZZ, in our attempts to get more info on what the store will be all about, only managed to find out that the spanking new M Store will be launched on June 17th to specially invited guests and only then will the public be made aware of what merchandise can be purchased at the store, thereafter.

Montano has certainly shown a high level of resilience in recent months, having survived public scrutiny in the aftermath of the judgment passed in the case involving he and super producer, Kernal Roberts. A slap on the wrist as some described it, having been fined less than 30,000TTD in the assault case, has since seen Montano take on a renewed level of passion for life and its endless opportunities to excel, it would seem. This latest initiative comes on the heels of the artiste signing a licensing/publishing contract with Universal Music France affiliate AZ and an agreement with the company’s management arm –  the Olympia Agency. Recently he also signed on to star in a Bollywood movie called Scandalous and we can’t forget that Montano shared the stage with some of music’s biggest superstars in March at the Ultra Music Festival in Miami- quite a lot we’d say for a little Siparia, Trinidad native, but then again, he ain’t that little!

According to Montano’s mother, Elizabeth Montano, a lot is being done behind the scenes to accomplish the task at hand. She said, “I have a lot I’m dealing with right now and I have to keep things in order in my head, but I will tell you that the launch is on June 17. We’ll reveal everything then.”

Stay connected. ETCETERABUZZ will keep you in the loop as things unfold.

 

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad

Ebuzz News

Entertainment Website, TMZ Bashed for Insensitivity In Reporting Kobe Bryant’s Death.

Published

on

By

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad

The rush by media outlets to be “first” is proving to be a problem. Even as investigators scrambled to the scene of the helicopter crash that claimed the lives of nine persons in Los Angeles on Sunday, US media outlet, TMZ had been informing the world that basketball star, and father of four, Kobe Bryant had been killed. The rush to be first is now being criticised, with several people in authority lamenting the fact that family members may not have been given the news just one hour after the incident had taken place. TMZ had however broken the story, sending the world into a state of shock.

TMZ’s Harvey Levin

The media outlet was criticised by Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva who told reporters, “It would be extremely disrespectful to understand that your loved one … perished and you learn about it from TMZ.” He said TMZ had posted the story a little more than one hour after police said they received reports of a downed aircraft.

Los Angeles County Undersheriff Tim Murakami also criticised TMZ in a tweet. “I am saddened that I was gathering facts as a media outlet reported … Kobe had passed,” Murakami wrote. “I understand getting the scoop but please allow us time to make personal notifications to their loved ones. It’s very cold to hear of the loss via media. Breaks my heart.”

Kobe Bryant leaves to mourn, his wife Vanessa Bryant and three other daughters.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it was insensitive for TMZ to run with the report before ensuring family members had been notified or do you think it goes with the territory?

Was TMZ Wrong for Running the Story on Kobe's death before confirming the family Had been notified?

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Continue Reading

Ebuzz News

Koffee Thanks Reggae Veterans in Grammy Acceptance Speech. WATCH VIDEO.

Published

on

By

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad

Gratitude is a must. Nineteen year old Mikayla Simpson, the artist many know simply as Koffee, has made history, having won her first Grammy Award at the age of 19. She is the youngest Caribbean entertainer in history, to do so.

The 62nd Annual Grammy Awards ceremony took place on Sunday night at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles. Koffee, the Jamaican reggae artist behind a number of positive hit singles, such as ‘Rapture’, ‘Toast’, ‘ Legend’ and ‘Raggamuffin’, was awarded the Grammy in the Best Reggae Album category.

The category included the following nominees:

  • Julian Marley – As I Am
  • Sly & Robbie- The Final Battle: Sly & Robbie vs Roots Radics 
  • Steel Pulse- Mass Manipulation
  • Third World -More Work to be Done.

In a social media post following the win, Koffee wrote: “Congratulations to my fellow nominees and to everyone who contributed to this, my first [Grammy Award] for my EP, Rapture!!! Thank You!!!!”

Caribbean entertainers and supporters of Caribbean culture from around the world have congratulated the young entertainer, many saying that the artist has made the Caribbean proud.

Take a look at Kofee’s acceptance speech, made on Sunday night.

Etcetera The Company Leaderboard Ad
Continue Reading

Trending