Connect with us

Caribbean Buzz

Buju Banton’s Latest Instagram Post Will Give You Goose Bumps…

Published

on

The countdown is now on on to Buju Banton’s freedom. The entertainer has spent almost 10 years behind bars for a crime he maintains his innocence for. Buju is scheduled to be released from the McRae Correctional Institution in Georgia, USA, in December this year. Fans of the incarcerated entertainer anticipate the day, hopeful that a massive concert event will be scheduled immediately thereafter.

Banton, whose real name is Mark Myrie today posted an image of himself to Instagram. He captioned it simply :

What u did, what you took, shall all be restored. I don’t hate I just meditate. 

He has maintained some connectivity with the outside world via social media, and even launched his Buju Banton apparel line- an online merchandise store, which sells everything Buju branded.

The anticipation for the artiste’s return is high. In October 2017, fellow artiste, Sean Paul visited Buju and later told the the media that Buju remained in great spirits. “Tell everybody say 12 months time and you can expect greatness again,” said Sean Paul of the artiste’s message to his fans on the outside.

He revealed that Buju had been teaching classes while in prison and had been keeping fit and eating healthy.

 

 

Caribbean Buzz

Capleton Free to Travel Following Appearance in Jamaica Court on Monday.

Published

on

Jamaican entertainer, Capleton – an artiste whose longevity in the entertainment business surpasses many, is free to travel after an appearance in a Jamaica court on Monday.

The artiste yesterday discounted and denied all allegations of sexual misconduct brought against him, saying that he was being extorted.

Capleton is the headline act of a concert in Trinidad – INFERNO, which is set for June 9th at the Jean Pierre Complex. Below is his statement.

Greetings,
I vehemently deny all accusations of sexual misconduct and do not condone crime or violence against women or anyone. I’m the target of an extortion scheme and my lawyers and I presented evidence to the authorities to fight this false accusation.

I’m an entertainer for 30+ years, blessed with a career and opportunity to tour the world, promote reggae music, help people and serve as a positive role model. I’m also a father with daughters that understand the responsibility of a role model and would never do anything to hurt anyone or jeopardize my career.

He continued, “I always advocate for women’s rights and empowerment thru my music, company employees and charity endeavors. “A St Mary Mi Come From” serves as a platform for new artist to showcase their talent and gives back to hospitals, schools, community centers, youth clubs, police associations for the past 13 years. Some of these institutions are operated by remarkable women, that I respect and will continue to support.

I have faith in JAH that justice will prevail and give thanks for all your support. @capletonmusic @astmarymicomefrom www.capletonmusic.com”

Capleton was placed on $250,000 JA bail. A request for Capleton whose real name is Clifton Bailey, to surrender his travel documents, was denied by the judge.

Continue Reading

Caribbean Buzz

Jamaica’s Capleton to Appear in Court Today. Trinidad’s ‘Inferno’ Organizers Ready for Any Eventuality.

Published

on

On Saturday news emerged that long time dancehall heavyweight, Capleton, was arrested by police in connection with allegations of a sexual misdemeanour as reported to police by a hairdresser in Jamaica. He will appear in court today. The artiste is billed to perform in Trinidad at a concert dubbed, ‘iNFERNO’ on June 9th at the Jean Pierre Complex. Organisers of the event, in a media statement issued this morning, said based on today’s court appearance, the public will be informed as to whether the artiste will have to be replaced with another reggae/dancehall entertainer.

See the media statement issued below: 

Trinidad and Tobago. May 14th, 2018——-Organisers of the highly anticipated ‘INFERNO’ concert event, which is being held in Trinidad on June 9thare today assuring patrons that despite recent reports that Jamaican entertainer, Capleton, has been detained by Jamaican police, the event will go on as planned. The promotional outfit says systems are in place to deliver an alternative ‘high caliber’ artiste depending on the outcome of Capleton’s day in court on Monday, May 14th.

Magnum Xplosion’s INFERNO, set to be held at the Jean Pierre Complex will also feature Barrington Levy, Sizzla Kalonji and Busy Signal. The event’s organisers are today expressing hope of a positive outcome for the entertainer, this as reports in the Jamaica Gleaner on Saturday suggested that police have confirmed that an investigation is presently underway into allegations made by Capleton that he is being extorted by the accuser- a hairdresser hired by the artiste to provide hair services on April 28th, 2018.

The Trinidad and Tobago outfit is today guaranteeing fans of Capleton that refunds will be made available to them, depending on Monday’s court outcome, should Capleton be unavailable for his performance at INFERNO on June 9th. The promotional outfit reiterates that another major reggae/dancehall artiste will be added to the cast, should Monday’s court appearance prove unfavorable to the artist. Fans of Capleton will be offered the option of a full refund, should they so desire.

For more on INFERNO please visit Instagram @infernoconcerttt.

 

 

Continue Reading

Trending