Connect with us

Ebuzz News

As Travis Scott and Others Face A Multi-Million Dollar Lawsuit Following Astroworld Mayhem, ChinaTown Promoter Weighs In.

Published

on

Approx. 3 min read

Trinidad and Tobago Radio personality and event promoter, Ryan ’Chinee’ Sing Hon says he feels the artistes, promoter and even patrons are all responsible for the Astroworld disaster that unfolded in Texas on November 5th. His analysis of the situation comes as a lawsuit seeking more than $750 million, was filed on Tuesday on behalf of at least 125 victims of the festival.

Chinee on stage at an event.

The deaths of 10 event attendees has made global headlines, triggering closer scrutiny of major event protocols and analysis of all that went down with hopes of learning from it all. Chinee, known for his staging of the ’ChinaTown’ event, in Trinidad, said, ”There are questions to be answered here.” He pondered thoughtfully the fact that major events of this kind always include the involvement of security agencies. ”The necessary checks always take place as bodies of law agencies are heavily involved before a single person enters,” he said. He said there was no question in his mind that prior to gates being opened, all protocols would’ve been checked and the green light then given.

The crowd surge at rapper, Travis Scott’s festival in Houston has led to dozens of lawsuits being filed against Scott and Live Nation Entertainment Inc.

Travis Scott

The suit, filed by Buzbee Law Firm, also list the rapper Drake, who joined Scott halfway through his Astroworld set, Apple Music, which was streaming the festival, and others as defendants.

“The victims on that night went to Astroworld for fun,” the suit says. “Neither they nor their families were ever warned that they were walking into an extremely dangerous situation.”

One victim was crushed by the “incited, unruly and out-of-control crowd with such force that he could no longer breathe,” according to the suit. He went into cardiac arrest and was then trampled, it says.

“As he lay there under a mass of humanity, dying, the music played and streamed on — for almost forty minutes,” the suit says. The victim, 21-year old Axel Acosta Avila, died at the scene.

The suit accuses Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II, of keeping the concert going even after authorities had announced a mass casualty event. Other suits have alleged the same, and Houston Fire Chief Samuel Peña said Scott “absolutely” should have stopped the show once he saw what was taking place. 

“Look: We all have a responsibility. Everybody at that event has a responsibility, starting from the artist on down,” he said last week. 

Scott’s litigation attorney, Edwin McPherson, has said Scott “didn’t know that there was a mass casualty event that was called.”

A section of the crowd at Astroworld.

Scott said in an Instagram story the day after that he was “devastated.” He has offered to pay for the funerals of the 10 people who died and to refund tickets for all attendees.

“Such [an] offer is a transparent and grotesque effort of the Defendants to limit their liability, after the fact, to the families of those killed or injured,” the Buzbee lawsuit says. “The Acosta family would rather Webster have privately spent money on proper planning, adequate security and medical staff before the concert, instead of publicly stating that he would pay for the funerals of those that were crushed and killed.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

PIC OF THE WEEK

Rihanna in Barbados on the weekend of November 25th, 2022.

EBUZZ BOOKINGS

Are You Visiting Trinidad and Tobago for Carnival 2023?

Are you visiting Trinidad and Tobago for Carnival 2023?

Trending

error: This content is protected. if you wish to use this content in anyway please contact us!!